I have been gaining courage in the kitchen lately and decided to finally cook on the stove. This may seem normal for most people, but I have always been more of a television dinner kind of girl, so I am sort of just learning as I go, but I am actually enjoying creating new dishes in our kitchen, so expect more recipes in the future!
Southwest Sweet Potato Sauté
1. Whole Kernel Sweet Corn – 2 cups
2. Cooked Black Beans – 2 cups
3. Yellow Onion – 1 cup chopped
4. Sweet Potatoes – 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
5. Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 TBSP
6. Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle Season Blend Salt-Free – 1 1/2 TSP
2. Add the corn, black beans, onion and sweet potatoes in the pan
3. Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, for fifteen minutes or until potatoes are completely cooked
This recipe serves 4. Each serving is 314 calories.
I was very happy with how it turned out and it was super simple to make. I used it as a side dish when we made spicy black bean veggie burgers and it was the perfect addition to our meal!